Thursday 27 April 2023

April 27, 1993: The payphone at the school stole two quarters from me so I asked to use the phone at the office


Thirty years ago today

            On Tuesday I tried to call Nancy from the payphone at Central Technical School but it stole two quarters from me and so I asked to use the phone at the office. She couldn't decide if she wanted me to take my daughter that day. I called Diana Dufretes and she wanted to go see Dracula but I told her I couldn't afford it. She said she'd pay and I said I'd get back to her as I wanted to see about getting some money from Mike Copping because of the sports lottery. I called Mike at work at John Vince Foods but he told me he had to take his dad to the hospital. I called Diana back to tell her I'd accept her offer but she said she felt too sick to go. Around 22:00 there was a knock on my door and it was Tom Smarda. It was an interesting coincidence since I had gone to see him on Sunday and found him not at home. He stayed until midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment