Saturday 1 April 2023

Roy Stork


            On Friday morning I memorized the fourth verse of "De velours et de soie" (The Silk and the Velvet) by Boris Vian and the second verse of "I'm the Boy" by Serge Gainsbourg. I almost nailed down the third verse of the latter but not quite. 
            I weighed 83.5 kilos before breakfast, which is the lightest I've been in the morning this year. 
            I worked on my essay for more than an hour, but mostly editing what I'd already written, so there are no blocks of new writing to share. 
            I weighed 84 kilos before lunch. I had an avocado, cucumber, scallion, and mushroom salad with the last of the balsamic vinaigrette. 
            When I got up from my siesta at 15:30 I spent half an hour on the toilet. I weighed 82.4 kilos after a half hour long bowel movement. I'd been feeling bloated for the last couple of days and felt better afterwards. I'm pretty sure that's the lightest I've been since I bought the scale about four years ago. By the time I'd finished it was too late to take a bike ride but it was raining a bit anyway. 
            I was caught up on my journal at 17:48. 
            I worked for about two hours on my essay, adding bits here and there. It's almost eight and a half pages long now but it needs to be at least ten. 
            I sautéed ginger, garlic, and scallions, and then added lima beans. I ate while watching season 6, episode 15 of The Beverly Hillbillies. 
            Dash Riprock has a new TV series called "Bachelor Sheriff Knows Best". Jethro is begging Dash for a part in the show but Dash tells him there is no opening. Dash thinks his co-star will be an attractive woman but Mr. Chapman and Mr. Drysdale decide on casting Elly's chimpanzee Bessie in the part. Chapman and a German director named Von Schlepper come to see Bessie but Jethro thinks they're there for him. He's disappointed when he finds out the truth but then decides to become Bessie's agent. Jethro makes Bessie over like a Hollywood starlet with a blonde wig and a glittering gown. Chapman and Schlepper see that Bessie has been ruined and walk away. 
            The makeup artist for this show was Roy Stork, who was a bomber co-pilot during WWII. He participated in the first successful air raid of Japan. The plane ran out of fuel and he had to parachute out into the China sea. He received medals from both the US and China. He did the makeup for 133 episodes of The Beverly Hillbillies. 
            I've gone twenty-eight days without finding a bedbug.

No comments:

Post a Comment