Tuesday 18 April 2023

April 18, 1993: After the boy hit my daughter on the head she sadly shook her head "no"


Thirty years ago today

            On Sunday my daughter woke at around 8:00 and coaxed me up at 8:30. We had toast and corn flakes for breakfast. As usual she wanted to play with tools, but I decided to do something practical with her this time so we fixed the foot stool and started repairing her toy car. My place was a disaster area. She went to sleep at 13:30 and I got some typing and cleaning done. I called her mother to find out when she wanted her back. She slept about three hours. I baked some cookies and she liked them. I called Nancy from Main Station and told her to meet us at the McDonald's Playland at Bamburgh Plaza. As soon as we got off the bus she ran to McDonald's. In the Playland she got hit in the head by a two year old who seemed scared of her from the start. The boy's father dragged him out and slapped him while my daughter just sat there with a sad look on her face and shook her head "no". He tried to hit another kid a few minutes later. Nancy was an hour late.

No comments:

Post a Comment