Monday 3 April 2023

Valerie Hawkins


            On Sunday morning I memorized the fourth verse of "De velours et de soie" (The Silk and the Velvet) by Boris Vian. One more verse to go. 
            I finished memorizing "I'm the Boy" by Serge Gainsbourg. I searched for the chords but no one had posted them and so I worked them out for the first half of the chorus. 
            I weighed 83.5 kilos before breakfast. 
            I worked almost two hours on my essay and on researching ideas for Tuesday's test. 
            I weighed 83.2 kilos before lunch. 
            In the afternoon I took a bike ride to Bloor and Bathurst. When I got home I went out to the corner store and bought their only ginger root. 
            I weighed 83.4 kilos at 17:00. After a bowel movement I weighed 82.5 at 17:30 but I don't think I shit a kilo. It's just that the scale was in a different position. I've been getting diarrhea since I started eating beans on Wednesday. 
            I was caught up on my journal at 18:00. 
            I worked a couple of hours on my essay but it's not much longer than it was before. It's still short a page and a half. 
            I sautéed garlic, ginger, and onion. I added water and miso and then lima beans. I ate while watching season 6, episode 17 of The Beverly Hillbillies. 
            Dash Riprock is getting more serious about Elly but Elly has decided she doesn't love him. She says she can only marry someone who wants to settle down to farming back in the hills and living in a little log cabin. When Granny hears this she decides to try to hook Dash up with Jane Hathaway. Dash wants to take Elly to his new movie premier but Granny says they need a chaperone and so he gets Jane and Jethro to go as well. She gets Jane to dress in a gown and Elly in a plain dress but it doesn't stop Dash from looking at Elly. Finally Elly tells Dash about her log cabin dream and he decides that Elly is not for him after all. Dash's co-star Camille shows up and goes with Jethro once she finds out his uncle owns the studio. Dash takes Jane and says it doesn't matter because it's all a bad dream anyway. 
            Camille was played by Valerie Hawkins, who starred in Sylvia's Girls and Sting of Death. She was the Texaco Girl dressed in a firefighter's uniform for a series of commercials in the 1960s. She's been married to soap star Jordan Clarke since 1992. 




            
           It's now been thirty days since I've found a bedbug.


No comments:

Post a Comment