Wednesday 19 April 2023

Ed Speleers


            On Tuesday morning I worked out the chords for the third verse of "De velours et de soie" (The Silk and the Velvet) by Boris Vian. 
            I finished working out the chords for "Lemon incest" by Serge Gainsbourg. I ran through the song in French and English and then uploaded it to Christian's Translations. I should have it published on the blog tomorrow. 
            I weighed 85.1 kilos before breakfast. 
            Around midday I swept and mopped my floors. I cleaned my bathroom sink and the toilet. I filled the spaces on the bookshelves that I'd freed up when I got rid of my Encyclopaedia Britannica. There was just enough room to shelve all of the books that have been piling up in my bedroom. 
            I weighed 84.8 kilos before lunch. 
            In the afternoon I took a bike ride to Yonge and Bloor. There was a snow squall just as I was getting ready to leave but it didn't last long. On my way home along Queen there were a few little hard flakes falling. People were dressed a bit warmer to today. I guess they learned their lesson from yesterday that it's not summer yet. 
            I weighed 84.2 kilos at 17:00. 
            I was caught up on my journal at 17:48. 
            In Audacity I amplified the volume of my July 7, 2022 song practice. I imported the amplified audio file and the video of that day's practice into Movie Maker and started a project. I began working on synchronizing the microphone audio with the video. I'll work on that some more tomorrow. 
            I downloaded the ten minute snow storm and ice floe segment from the silent film Way Down East starring Lillian Gish. I converted it to AVI so it would import into Movie Maker, then I made it into a movie in that format. I opened the Movie Maker project for making a video of my song Instructions for Electroshock Therapy and put Way Down East at the end of the timeline. I cut out the beginning up until the ice floe segment. I'll edit it some more tomorrow. 
            I scanned some colour negatives of mostly street shots from the late 80s. Then I used alcohol and cotton swabs to clean some soiled and damaged black and white negs. Most of them don't have clear images but some of them do have some interesting abstract images because of the damage. There are lots more of those to go through in addition to hundreds more not damaged negatives and slides that I want to scan. 
            I grilled a rack of pork ribs and had three with a potato and gravy while watching season 3, episode 2 of Star Trek Picard. 
            On Beverly Crusher's ship she is incapacitated while a strange and very large ship has found it. On board Beverly's ship are her son Jack Crusher, Jean Luc Picard, and William Riker. They are planning to escape in the shuttle that Picard and Riker arrived in but they are fired upon and the shuttle is knocked away. Picard activates transport inhibitors just in time as the enemy tries to beam Jack off the ship. Now he knows that it's Jack they want. The enemy ship locks a tractor beam on their ship but suddenly the Titan breaks the beam and transports the four aboard. Captain Smith wasn't going to help them but Seven of Nine talked him into it. Captain Vadic of the enemy ship hails them and says she wants Jack Crusher. Her ship is called the Shrike and she's a bounty hunter. She gives them an hour to hand Jack over but first gives them a demonstration. She uses a tractor beam to throw Beverly's ship at them, cutting through their shields and tearing the hull on deck eleven. Smith checks on Jack and discovers he is wanted by the Federation too as a con man and thief. He has him placed in the brig. Jack escapes and tries to get to a transporter. There is a standoff between him and Seven. Picard says if he'd wanted to get away he'd already be gone in a shuttle. The only place he could transport would be onto Vadic's ship which means he's trying to give himself up to save his mother. Smith is about to allow him to transport when Riker walks in with Beverly who he forced awake against doctor's orders. Picard looks at Beverly and suddenly takes command of Smith's ship through his capacity as admiral. Smith asks why he's doing this and Picard answers, "Because he's my son". They fire on the Shrike and then escape into the nebula. Vadic laughs and follows them. 
            Meanwhile a parallel story, which I assume will connect to this one later involves Raffi trying to find out who sabotaged the Starfleet recruitment centre with the portal weapon. Her unknown handler who speaks to her through a computerized feminine voice tells her the investigation is closed and for her to disengage. But a hundred people died in the attack and she refuses to back down. She hears the weapon was sold by a Ferengi gangster named Sneed. She contacts her ex-husband. He tells her he can connect her with Sneed or her estranged son but not both. She chooses Sneed. She meets him under cover and pretends to also be a criminal working for a certain criminal Sneed deals with. Sneed knows she's lying because he has that man's head already. He says she smells of Section 31 and offers her a drug to prove herself. She takes it and resists its effect but he says he's taking her head as well. She attacks Sneed and then collapses. His men are about to kill her when suddenly a figure with a sword appears and takes them out, including cutting off Sneed's head. It's Worf. He picks up Raffi and says, "I told you to disengage". 
            Jack Crusher is played by Ed Speleers, who beat out 180,000 competitors to win the title role in the movie Eragon. He's a Mick Jagger imitator and is pushing to star in a Mick Jagger biopic. He co-starred in Love Bite, Remainder. He played Jimmy Kent on Downton Abbey. He starred in Plastic. 



            I've made it to 46 nights without finding a bedbug.

No comments:

Post a Comment