Sunday 2 April 2023

April 2, 1993: I was writing like a madman on the subway


Thirty years ago today

            On Friday from midnight until I got up I didn't sleep at all. I just laid awake thinking about sex. I got up half an hour earlier than usual and expected to be spaced out on the way to work but I was full of energy and I felt really good. I was writing like a madman on the subway. When I got to work at West Toronto Secondary School Danya told me she'd double-booked and offered that if I would come back next week instead she would put an extra hour on my time sheet. I went to the donut shop where I got a black coffee and a mystery pie that turned out to be custard. I played three games of Arkanoid. Later I tried to get in touch with Crystal but she had her answering machine on. I also tried to reach two others who had personal ads in Now Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment