Saturday 22 April 2023

April 22, 1993: I got my daughter to dance on my lap while watching Strictly Ballroom


Thirty years ago today

            On Thursday I had time to get my place all cleaned up before Nancy arrived with my daughter at around 13:00. She left her with me for three-quarters of an hour and then we met her down at the Beaches Library. We couldn't find a place to see "Aladdin" so we settled on "Strictly Ballroom". My daughter seemed to enjoy it and when she got a little restless later on I got her to dance on my lap while watching the film. She fell asleep and Nancy wanted me to take her overnight. I walked up to Queen while carrying her and stood for half an hour waiting for the streetcar. It turned out that they were short turning. She woke up just as we got to the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment