Sunday 16 April 2023

April 16, 1993: The bus was blocked by a garbage truck so I was late for work


Thirty years ago today

            On Friday I got up at around 8:30 and didn't leave for work until 9:30, which was a mistake. The garbage truck was crawling down the street collecting a week's worth of trash, so I didn't wait for the Main bus because I figured it would be blocked by the truck. So I took the streetcar to Coxwell and waited ten minutes for that bus. At the Coxwell Subway Station two out of service trains went by. I was already late by the time I got to Sheppard Station so I called earl Hague Secondary School and told them I was taking a cab from there. After work I cashed my cheque at Yonge and Queen. I went to the Beer Store and then the supermarket. I had twenty sets of old newspaper funnies to go through before starting on the Life sections.

No comments:

Post a Comment