Sunday 23 April 2023

April 23, 1993: My daughter shouted her new word "Up!" out of the streetcar window all the way downtown


Thirty years ago

            On Friday my daughter woke up at around 9:30 and we had cereal and toast. We went to my old address to check my mail but the asshole upstairs wouldn't let me in because she was "busy". I managed to pry my GST cheque out of the mail slot anyway. Then we caught the streetcar downtown with her yelling "Up" out of the window all the way to University. We caught the subway to College where we walked west and picked up my Board of Education cheque. We went down to Baldwin where I got a tofu bun but she wouldn't eat it. I picked up a separation slip from the Ontario College of Art so I could apply for Unemployment Insurance. After we went to the bank my daughter scooped red gravel with her little shovel.

No comments:

Post a Comment