Sunday 30 April 2023

April 30, 1993: It was very nice to sit on a bench in the sun in my undershirt watching beautiful women go by


Thirty years ago today 

            On Friday I got up at 5:00 when the rain woke me. I remembered to take out the garbage and then I went back to bed until 10:14. I pretty well got ready to go to work and then I had a coffee. I took twenty-four more empties to the Beer Store on my way to work. I posed from 12:00 to 15:00 and then headed up to Queen and Church to meet Nancy and my daughter at the scheduled time of 15:15. It was that time when I wrote this as I sat on a bench in the sun in just my undershirt, facing the street corner and watching the beautiful women go by. It was very nice. But Nancy didn't show up. I called her mother and she told me that she left home a long time ago. I said I'd check back at 16:15 and if she still wasn't there I'd go home. I went to the Ontario College of Art and then decided to walk up to the Board of Education to see if they had a cheque waiting for me. I got back to Queen and Church at 17:00. I was about to call Apolonia again when Nancy finally arrived, asking, "Where were you? You said 16:15!" 
            At around 18:30 while I was waiting for Nancy in front of the Eaton Centre my daughter fell asleep in my arms. I carried her home and she slept until midnight when I tried to feed her in her sleep and it woke her up. I let her stay up until I went to bed at 1:00 on Saturday and then I turned out all the lights. She cried for a few seconds and finally went to sleep with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment