Friday 28 April 2023

April 28, 1993: I was going to cash in my empty beer bottles but I found a $10 cheque in the mail


Thirty years ago today

            On Wednesday I finally finished reading all of the funnies from my piled up old newspapers. I separated all of the Life sections into a big stack and started going through those. I figured they would go fairly quickly. I was going to take my bottles to the Beer Store on my way to work, but when I looked in the mail I found a cheque from Bell for $10. So I put the bottles back and went to the bank to cash the cheque. Then I went to Jarvis and had a coffee. I went through almost all of my letters to Whitefeather from when she was in prison back in the 1980s. I guessed that next I would do the letters I sent to Denise Cohen when she was working as an au pair in England. I called Nancy and she wanted me to come up to Scarborough at 9:00 on Thursday to pick up my daughter but I said I wouldn't. I wanted her to meet me someplace closer but she wasn't sure if she would.

No comments:

Post a Comment