Monday 24 April 2023

LeVar Burton


            On Sunday morning I finished working out the chords for "De velours et de soie" (The Silk and the Velvet) by Boris Vian. I ran through it in French. Tomorrow I'll start adjusting my translation as I sing and play it in English. 
            I memorized the chorus of "Amour Consolation" by Serge Gainsbourg and made some changes to my translation. 
            I weighed 85.1 kilos before breakfast. 
            I had planned on going to two guitar shops west of me today, but found out that both Mother of All Guitar Shops and Junction Guitars are closed on Sundays and Mondays. The other guitar store on my list is Paul's Boutique in Kensington Market. I was thinking that it might be crowded on a Sunday and formed a plan to go there Monday and then the two west end shops on Tuesday. But I checked the weather and there is a better chance of rain on Monday so I decided to go to Paul's after all. I rode first to Yonge and Bloor and then went south. I stopped at the McDonald's just north of College to pee and then I went west on College to Spadina. I went south to Nassau and then west into Kensington Market. The market was very crowded and it took fifteen minutes to find a free bike post. Paul's is a lot smaller than I expected. There was only one dark wood Yamaha that I found attractive. I borrowed a pic k and took it into a soundproof room. So far in my experience Yamaha guitars are too bright sounding for my taste. There are just two guitar places to check out before I make a decision but so far the Martin Road Series is still on top. 
            I weighed 84.7 kilos before lunch at 13:30. I had saltines with seven-year-old cheddar and a glass of limeade mixed with some orange juice. 
            I weighed 84.5 kilos at 16:00. 
            I was caught up on my journal at 16:41. 
            In Movie Maker I finished synchronizing the video and the audio of my June 18, 2022 song practice. I isolated "Joanna Dancing Lightly", my translation of "Joanna" by Serge Gainsbourg and made a movie which I uploaded to YouTube. 


            I'll still have to do another recording of that song because I've changed the lyrics since last summer. Next I'll look for a good video from last year of me playing and singing "La bas c'est natural" by Gainsbourg, and "Kenya" my translation. 
            In the Movie Maker project for making a video of my song "Instructions for Electroshock Therapy" I inserted the clips I'd edited out of the ice floe scene in the silent film Way Down East so that the scenes of Lillian Gish unconscious on the ice floe as it floats down the river toward the waterfall would correspond with my line, "If unconsciousness follows the charge a delayed attack will come." Immediately after that is a part where Brian Haddon sings "Shock therapy". I inserted one of the two clips I have of him doing that and altered it with the effect of panning from upper left to lower right. Next I need some video to fit with my line, "But if you're looking for a grand mal seizure just raise the voltage some". I'll start searching tomorrow. 
            I cleaned some more damaged black and white negatives and scanned them. A lot of them are damaged but present interesting abstract images. Some of the semi damaged and undamaged ones are nude shots of my gorgeous ex-girlfriend Brenda. Others are undamaged street shots. I uploaded over a hundred scanned images to my computer files. 
            I made pizza on naan with Basilica sauce, my last three strips of thick bacon, and seven-year-old cheddar. I had it with a beer while watching season 3, episode 7 of Star Trek Picard. 
            This story doesn't really have Riker, Deanna, Worf, or Raffi because Worf and Raffi are off searching for Riker, and Deanna has been captured to make Riker talk. 
            Seven is communicating with her old friend Tuvok and tests him with mutual memories to see if he's a Changeling. At first he passes but then she catches him in a lie and asks what he's done with the real Tuvok. He says, "When we are done with him and all of you death will be a relief". They shut off the communication before the Changelings can trace them. Picard realizes there is no one at Starfleet they can contact and they are on their own. 
            Beverly speculates that they stole Picard's human body and are trying to catch Jack so as to use the two DNA sequences to recreate a perfect copy of Jean Luc Picard. They try to get more information from Data but Data and his evil brother Lore have both been placed inside of the same positronic body and are competing for control. Right now Lore surfaces more than Data. Data says that there is an anomalous form inside of Picard's original body and the diagnosis of the condition that killed him may be wrong. 
            Jack has been spending time with Sidney and he's starting to read her mind. 
            Picard decides to set a trap for Vadic. Vadic in her ship the Shrike finds the Titan disabled in space next to a Klingon Bird of Prey. Both ships are dead in space and it looks like there's been a battle. Vadic takes a shuttle to the Titan with a boarding party. Vadic meets Jack and tells him she wants to take him to a better place. Jack runs and joins with Sidney. They lead Vladic's Changelings on a chase and trap them in force fields. Jack and Sidney are surrounded by the outside of the force fields and Geordie's plan was to beam them out but the transport has been overridden. Lore has taken control of the ship. Beverly and Picard confront Vadic and ask her what she wants with Jack. Vadic says he was never really for them. Vadic tells her origin story. Her ability to maintain solid form and to mimic internal organs is the result of torturous experiments by Starfleet when she was imprisoned at Daystrom Station. The purpose was to turn her and her kind into weapons and spies. Vadic killed the scientist who was experimenting on her and took her form. Picard and Beverly decide to kill Vadic and let the shield down but she escapes. The two big Changelings are also free and fight Jack and Sidney. Jack kills one and then links with Sidney's mind to control her and give her his fighting skills. They beat the two Changelings. Meanwhile Geordie is trying to reach past Lore to communicate with Data and finally Data returns to the surface. Vadic and her Changelings reach the bridge and take control of the Titan. Seven is disarmed and Smith is severely wounded. Not on the bridge are Picard, Beverly, Jack, and Sidney. Also elsewhere are Data, Geordie, and Alandra. Vadic calls out to Jack that it is time for him to learn who he really is. 
            Geordie LaForge is played by LeVar Burton, who was born in Germany. At 13 he started studying for the Catholic priesthood. His first film appearance was in Almos' A Man. While attending university he won the part of Kunta Kinte on the hit series Roots, for which he was nominated for an Emmy. He was the host of the PBS series The Reading Rainbow for 23 years. As host and producer of the series he's won 12 Daytime Emmys and one Peabody Award. He has directed over twenty-four Star Trek episodes, which is more than any other actor in the franchise. The first film he directed was Blizzard.



No comments:

Post a Comment