Tuesday 27 July 2021

Alice Nunn


            On Monday morning I memorized the seventh verse of "Le java des chaussettes à clous" (The Dance of the Studded Stockings) by Boris Vian. There's just one verse and chorus to learn before I look for the chords. 
            I finished memorizing most of "Manu Manuréva" by Serge Gainsbourg. There's just one verse to go for that as well. 
            I weighed 90.1 kilos before breakfast. 
            In the late morning I finished cleaning the inside of my square baking pan and then scraped the black caked in grease off the top and outside edge of the rim. It'll take at least another session to clean the outside. 
            I weighed 89.8 kilos before lunch. I had kettle chips, salsa and yogourt with a glass of orange juice.
            I took a bike ride to Yonge and Bloor in the afternoon muggy heat. I weighed 88.9 kilos when I got home. I turned the fan on when I got home for only about the fourth time this summer. 
            I worked on my poem series "My Blood In A Bug." 
            I imported to the video editor the last video that I'd shot on Friday, flipped it upright and exported it. It took about thirty five minutes. Usually the video editor wants to play me the video after it's done but this time it didn't. When I tried to play the video the green light ran across the top of the video folder and just pulsed after it reached the far right. I tried closing it and playing the video several times but the same thing happened. After a whilewhen I tried it again the video folder didn't even show its contents. I went to shut down in the start menu but nothing came up. Finally I had to go to the task manager and sign out. From the sign in page I shut down and then restarted. After that I was able to play the video. The third video with the lower light looks like the best one for a clip to insert into my "Instructions For Electroshock Therapy Video" but I'll play all three tomorrow to decide for sure. 
            I colourized three more damage spots in my photo of the skateboarder and digitally repaired some more of my photo of the woman with the chicken and the blowtorch. 
            I grilled seven small, thin steaks but didn't keep in mind that steaks that thin wouldn't need to be cooked as long as thicker ones. They weren't burnt but they were a little too well done. I had two with a potato and gravy while watching two episodes of Mayberry RFD. 
            In the first story Howard gets a TV show in which he sits and reads poetry. He calls himself the Dream Spinner and starts getting fan mail. When a female fan sends him a letter of appreciation and a poem he tells Goober and Emmett he might read it on the show. Emmett recites a poem from a chocolate box and Goober one from a comic book but Howard rejects them. Goober and Emmett decide to play a trick on Howard by writing him a mushy fan letter, enclosing a poem from a feed catalogue and getting Edna , the new waitress at the diner to put it in her handwriting and sign it "Melissa." Howard reads the poem and so they send him another letter from Melissa asking him to give her the signal of touching his moustache. Sam knows and disapproves of Goober and Emmett's prank and so when Howard comes to him to tell him he's fallen in love with Melissa he tries to discourage him. Sam goes to Goober and Emmett to tell them what they've done and now they are sorry. They confess to Howard that they are Melissa. Howard is mad at his friends and then gets another letter with the same handwriting. He goes to confront Edna and she reads the letter to him in which she apologizes for her part in the joke. Howard asks Edna out and they begin dating. 
            Edna was played by Maggie Mancuso who played Charlene Darling on The Andy Griffith Show. 
            In the second story Sam learns that Mrs Plunkett, a local egg farmer is selling her business for $1200. After Sam comments that it would be a good investment for someone Millie surprises him by saying she wants to buy it. He tries to politely discourage her but she is determined. It soon becomes apparent that she is a city person and not cut out for farming but when Sam tells her it was a dumb idea she is offended and tries to do it alone. But everything falls apart quite often literally. The chickens aren't laying, the rooster attacks her and she doesn't know how to repair things. When Sam is fixing her gate a man drives up asking if the farm is for sale. Sam suggests he offer Millie $1300 and so she sells the farm at a profit. 
            Mrs Plunkett was played by Alice Nunn, who co-starred in "Camp Runamok", played Mrs Benson on "Petticoat Junction", was a regular on the Tony Orlando and Dawn variety show, played the maid in "Mommie Dearest" and the parole officer in "Who's That Girl". But her most famous role was as the comically frightening ghost Large Marge in "Peewee's Big Adventure."




No comments:

Post a Comment