Thursday 22 July 2021

July 22, 1991: Nancy and I were alone except for her silent father


Thirty years ago today 

            On Monday I was excited about getting my cast off on Tuesday. 
            Nancy's mother went downtown all day to take a course and so Nancy and I were pretty much alone, except for her silent father. 
            Later Nancy and her sister Susan went to Miracle Mart to get me some frozen fries. 
            The baby was cranky all day and brought up once but she also slept a lot several times.
            I watched TV a lot. 
            Susan came back with a copy of Vanity Fair that had Jodie Foster on the cover and I thought she looked like Nancy a bit. 
            I wished I could reach out to Nancy but I had become afraid because lately she'd always rejected me. I couldn't shake the feeling though that she wanted to be reached out to. She just didn't want to fall in love with the person who reached out to her if that person was me.

No comments:

Post a Comment