Monday 19 July 2021

July 19, 1991: The baby was floating on her stomach, kicking like crazy and really enjoying it


Thirty years ago today

            Friday was the same story as all the other recent days. I would get up, grab the crutches and make my way to the couch. There were four more days to go before the cast came off. 
            Nancy and I decided to give the baby a bath and I got in with her. It was the first time she'd ever been in water that deep. She was floating on her back and stomach with me only supporting her head, kicking like crazy and really enjoying it. But she took in a little water and started crying, so we took her out until she was calm again. Then we put her back in so that her last memory of the tub would be a good one. 
            Nancy and her sister Susan went to the plaza and got me what I'd ordered the day before. 
            I read a lot of newspapers. 
            Nancy and I had an appointment to see a counselor at St Michael's Hospital next Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment