Wednesday 14 July 2021

July 14, 1991: I was put in a cast from just above my toes to just below the knee and given some crutches


Thirty years ago today 

            On Sunday morning when Nancy's parents went downtown for the German church service I got a ride to the hospital. I didn't think I'd make the fracture clinic in time because when I'd called I was told that the doctor always left just after 9:00. But my ankle was hurting so much that I went anyway just in case. I made it just in time, the doctor had a quick look at my foot and the x-rays and then told someone to "Put a cast on it for ten days and give him some crutches." The cast was from just past the toes to just below the knee. Nancy's parents picked me up after church and when I got back to their place I elevated my ankle over some pillows and vegged out on the couch. I couldn't do much with the baby besides hold her. No dancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment