Sunday 11 July 2021

July 11, 1991: Nancy told the counsellor she was only there to convince me it was hopeless


Thirty years ago today

            On Thursday Nancy and I got an appointment for 15:00 with the psychiatrist. I wanted to take the baby but Nancy didn't and so we argued. We left her downstairs with Nancy's sister Susan. The counsellor just had us talk so she could assess whether it was worth trying. Nancy said she was only there to convince me that it was hopeless and that under no circumstances would she have a relationship with me. I cried a little while we were there. We were told by the shrink that if we wanted to continue we'd have to see her individually at first.
            Back at at Bamburgh Plaza we went to Miracle Mart, the Greek place and then the video store. We rented "Mermaids" and "Swimming to Cambodia" but ended up not watching them because Nancy went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment