Saturday 3 July 2021

July 3, 1991: Jim came running past me with a maniacal look on his face, charged out the front door, tripped over the walkboard, got up and shouted after some guys "You wanna put that back?"


Thirty years ago today

            On Wednesday morning it took me two hours to get to the shop for 8:00. I went out with Paul and Jim to unload a trailer that had been loaded the previous Friday. The customer was a successful salesman of NSA water filters, the kind that Nancy's parents depended on so much. 
            I was walking down the stairs after we'd put the bed together when suddenly Jim came running past me with a maniacal look on his face and put a big mark on the wall on the way. He charged out the front door, tripped over the walkboard, got up and shouted after some black guys, "You wanna put that back?" 
            There were some damages and a discrepancy in the price and so the customer was less friendly at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment