Friday 16 July 2021

July 16, 1991: I gave my employer the info so I could get Workman's Compensation


Thirty years ago today

            With me laid up in a cast Tuesday was much the same as the day before. Nancy made me peanut butter, jam and currents on toast. I gave her a shopping list, including a 649 ticket. 
            Nancy and her sister Susan argued about who got to be chauffeured by their father that day. I napped and Nancy went to Fairview Mall. 
            Susan brought me back the newspapers. Nancy got me grapefruit juice, two burritos, cherry pie and ice cream. 
            I was looking forward to a week from that day when I would be free of the cast. 
            Nancy still hadn't discussed the baby's name with me. 
            Nancy turned on the TV for me but I didn't watch anything completely except for "The Flash". It was a poor excuse for a representation of the comic book except for Captain Cold, who was well cast. 
            It was another hot day. 
            Wayne called and got the info for my Workman's Compensation.

No comments:

Post a Comment