Friday 2 July 2021

July 2, 1991: Susan argued there is no difference between "like" and "interest." I explained that she "liked" arguing but wasn't "interested" in the argument


Thirty years ago today

            On Tuesday morning when I arrived at the job site at 1214 Lawrence Avenue West only one of the guys was there, but then three more showed up, followed by Ray. We unloaded two trailers for a company that went bankrupt but then changed their name before the stuff could go into receivership. It took us about seven hours and then Bill gave me a lift to Warden and the 401. 
            I did some work in the basement of Nancy's parents' place. 
            I had an argument with Nancy's sister Susan about the difference between "like" and "interest." She wouldn't accept that there was a difference. It pissed me off when people argued so blindly on a subject. I tried to explain that she "liked" arguing but wasn't "interested" in the argument.

No comments:

Post a Comment