Sunday 4 July 2021

July 4, 1991: Security at Consumers Distributing said, "No reading material in the warehouse!" When I teased him about it he said I couldn't work there again


Thirty years ago today

            On Thursday I was supposed to go downtown with Nancy but I got a call from Wayne on Wednesday night to meet Bill the next morning. Bill and I arranged to meet at the Tim Hortons at Victoria Park and Sheppard. From there we went to a Consumers Distributing warehouse to unload trucks for Speedy. I was carrying a Globe and Mail and the guy at the window said, "No reading material allowed in the warehouse!" After an argument I left my paper at his desk. We finished a little after 13:00 and when I took the paper back I teased the guy. His response was to tell me that I couldn't work there again. 
            It took me two hours to get downtown to meet Nancy, her sister Susan and the baby. 
            The baby was now 8 kilograms!

No comments:

Post a Comment