Thursday 15 July 2021

July 15, 1991: It was the final week of existence for Simpsons


Thirty years ago today
 
            On Sunday night I slept with my clothes and sneakers on. When I woke up on Monday I crutched it over to the couch. I wrote in my diary and read an old newspaper. Rakina came by with her baby Ian and Nancy made me some toast before they went out for the sale at Simpsons, which was in the last week of its existence. 
            I hoped that while I was stranded by my fracture in Scarborough that my plant was all right at my place in the Beaches. 
            I watched the second tape from the documentary "Why We Fight" and then flicked around a lot from show to show without really watching anything completely. 
            I was geared for the next week being a repeat of this whole scenario. 
            I played with the baby on the couch. She only seemed to like being rocked and whenever she was still she started to cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment