Friday 9 July 2021

July 9, 1991: The rep for the bank that now owned my building said I could forget about my June and July rent


Thirty years ago today

            On Tuesday I had an appointment with the rep that now owned my building. I got to my place from Nancy's on time but the guy didn't show up, I called him. What was most important for me was that he clarify what he'd said on the phone about my living rent free for now. He said, "Don't worry about June or July" so now I had $700 to play with. 
            I got a call from Tom Smarda about meeting him downtown, but before that I bought a belt, paid $50 on my phone bill, picked up some stuff at the drug store, had some books renewed at the library and stopped at Risqué to check on the lingeree for Nancy but there was nothing and I would have to call again on Thursday. I went to Honest Ed's and then met with Tom for a while before going to make photocopies.

No comments:

Post a Comment