Monday 12 July 2021

July 12, 1991: I twisted my ankle at work and had to limp to the hospital for x-rays


Thirty years ago today

            On Friday I went to Finch Station for 8:30 and called Wayne from there. He said the job location was just seven streets south, so I grabbed a coffee and spanakopita and walked down there. Dave showed up at 9:00 and the two of us took five hours to load the truck and then we went for lunch. About twenty minutes into the unload I twisted my ankle. They gave me some ice but I couldn't work on it. Dave called for someone else and I limped to the bus stop. 
            I decided to go to St Joe's Hospital because I wanted to pick up my film later at BGM. The x-rays showed a couple of small chips out of my ankle bone that could have been from before. The guy said for me to come down to the fracture clinic on Saturday, Sunday or Monday at 9:00. 
            I picked up my negatives and they turned out nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment