Friday 23 July 2021

July 23, 1991: After the cast came off I groaned when told I would need a walking cast


Thirty years ago today 

            On Tuesday morning Nancy's mother drove us down to St Joe's. We got there about an hour early for my appointment but I was able to get the cast off ahead of schedule. My ankle was still a little sore but the guy who took the cast off didn't think I would need another one. I still had to use the crutches because my left leg felt so weak from not walking for ten days. After the doctor looked at my ankle and poked around at it for a while I groaned when he told me that I would need a walking cast for two weeks. I would have to stay off of it for forty eight hours and then I could walk. 
            I crutched it behind Nancy to Roncesvalles and then I caught the streetcar to BGM to pick up my slides and negs and to drop off all the negs to be printed into contact sheets. Nancy showed up much later and so it was too late to do Spadina. Instead we just went to Lime Ricky's before her appointment with the counsellor.

No comments:

Post a Comment