Wednesday 22 December 2021

Annabel Scholey


            On Tuesday morning I memorized the third and fourth verses and the chorus of “Poupée Poupée” (Dolly Dolly) by Serge Gainsbourg. There are just two verses left. 
            I weighed 87.4 kilos before breakfast. 
            The email that I'd sent to to Professor Morgenstern requesting that she review my essay came back because I hadn't put a period between “naomi” and “morgenstern”. I corrected that and sent it again. 
            In the late morning and almost until 13:00 I returned to my kitchen cleaning project that's been on hold since September. I finally finished cleaning the storage drawer that goes under my stove and put away all the pots and pans that have been piled up on the kitchen table for the last few months. Tomorrow I'll move the stove and clean the floor underneath it. Then I can start washing the shelves above my kitchen counter. 
            I weighed 86.8 kilos before lunch. In the afternoon I took a bike ride to Bloor and Dovercourt. I weighed 86.2 kilos when I got home. 
            There was an email from Professor Morgenstern reminding me that the proper procedure for an essay review is to first have a meeting with my TA to discuss it. After that if I am still unsatisfied she said she would be happy to read my essay. Since the university is closed until January I'll have to wait until January 10 to contact Sarah and talk with her about the horrible mark she gave me. 
            I was caught up with my journal just before 18:00. 
            I inserted the clip of electrode jelly being applied to a patient's temples into the video I'm making for my song “Instructions For Electroshock Therapy”. It corresponds to the studio audio of me singing, “then rub electrode jelly there.” Following that is the line, “Put some on the electrodes and we're soon prepared.” I tried to synchronize the concert video with me pronouncing “prepared” but it's still slightly off. Once I get that lined up I'll have to see if anything before “prepared” is in sync. If it's not then I'll insert a clip from the same 1940s video of the electrodes being dipped in saline solution. I'll work on it some more tomorrow. 
            I worked on my poem series, “My Blood In A Bug.” 
            I translated a bit more of the screenplay for “Les Enfants du Paradis.” I'm not quite halfway done after all these years. 
            I had my last potato with gravy and two sirloin tips while watching the first episode of the latest season of Doctor Who. 
            This is a pretty complicated story. It begins with The Doctor and Yasmin suspended upside down over an acid ocean on a planet that will be destroyed by a supernova in four minutes anyway. The one who put them there is Karvanista and he leaves them guarded by two attack drones as he leaves for Earth saying something about its imminent destruction. But the Doctor and Yasmin manage to flip upright and hang on to the bar they'd been suspended from as the drones attack. They get free of their cuffs and fall into the Tardis. They head for Earth to save it from Karnavista. Meanwhile some prison guards somewhere in the universe check on Swarm who has been imprisoned there since the dawn of time. Swarm has somehow figured how to nullify his stasis field. He absorbs the energies of the guards and then instigates The Flux, which dissolves everything in time and space it comes in contact with. On Earth, Dan Lewis, who volunteers at the food bank comes home to an empty cupboard. It's Halloween and he gives his last candy to some trick or treaters. Then there is another knock and someone who looks like a human dog is at the door. It's Karvanista. He puts Dan in a cage and takes him on his spaceship. The Doctor tracks Karvanista to Dan's house but Karvanista has boobie trapped it. The Doctor escapes and tracks Karvanista to his ship. Karvanista is a Lupari and it turns out there is a fleet of seven billion Lupari ships orbiting Earth. Each of them is there to collect one human because Earth is doomed because of the approaching Flux. The Lupari are there to save humanity because dogs are man's best friend. Swarm comes to Earth and frees his sister who has been trapped in a human body and life. There is also someone named Claire who meets the Doctor and has met her before but the Doctor doesn't remember because they haven't met yet. The Doctor also meets Swarm who she also doesn't remember but apparently they are old enemies and Swarm has made the Doctor forget. Claire faces one of the weeping Stone Angels and the Sontarans are back, happy about the Flux. The episode ends with the Tardis carrying the Doctor, Yasmin, and Dan trapped by the Flux as the universe is about to end. It looks like Dan is going to be the Doctor's new companion. He reminds me of Jamie who was one of the second Doctor's companions because he's unsophisticated and has a simple outlook on life. 
            Claire is played by Annabel Scholey, who starred in the movie Walking On Sunshine, and played Contessina de Medici in the mini-series Medici: Masters of Florence.





No comments:

Post a Comment