Sunday 12 December 2021

December 12, 1991: I was disappointed that my lawyer didn't have kids. He was unsympathetic with my custody case


Thirty years ago today

            On Thursday I sorted Christmas mail at Canada Post and I was still feeling tired on the night shift. I guessed that I was just still not used to it. I worked from 1:15 to 8:00 again and then I went home to sleep. I managed to get up in time to make it to the appointment with my lawyer. I gave him the Legal Aid certificate and I asked him if he had kids. I was disappointed that he said “no.” He didn't seem that sympathetic to my custody case. 
            I got my place all clean again and I had some laundry soaking in the bathtub when I called Nancy. But just like on Wednesday she hung up on me every time I phoned. She made me angry. Why did she want to ruin our child's life? When her sister Susan answered she said Nancy was going out. I asked her to tell her that I wanted our daughter to see my Christmas tree and if she didn't talk to me I would start camping out on her doorstep.

No comments:

Post a Comment