Monday 20 December 2021

December 20, 1991: My brother called and asked for my kidney. I said I'd think about it but I didn't think he would treat it very well


Thirty years ago today

            I worked on Friday at Canada Post until 8:00 and then went home to sleep a bit. Then I met Nancy and we went to Eaton's Centre to shop for possible gifts for Dad, Sibyl and the rest of my family. I found a scarf and soap for Sibyl. I thought about posters for Nicholas and Aaron and got them a book on reptiles. I gathered stuff for a food basket for my father. Nancy's sister Susan took the baby for a photo with Santa Clause. Eaton's Centre was open until midnight and I didn't have to work later at Canada Post so we stuck around. When we were done I rode with them to Bloor and kissed my daughter goodnight.  
            I got a call from my brother asking me for my kidney. I said I'd think about it but I was leaning heavily against it. I didn't think he would treat it very well and I might need it later on in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment