Tuesday 7 December 2021

December 7, 1991: I might as well have been in prison


Thirty years ago today

            On Saturday at the main postal station, they had us on oversized mail. I worked until 8:00 and then went home to bed. 
            I got in touch with Nancy about seeing my daughter on Sunday. She said she'd bring her by as soon as possible so that I could spend the whole day with her. It was about time. I couldn't wait until this got settled. I never in my life had dreamed that someone would do to me what Nancy had done. I might as well have been in prison. Was she sick or stupid? She thought her eyes were opened but she didn't realize that having your eyes opened is a long and painful process. I knew because I'd been through it. I didn't expect her to believe that but just to give me the benefit.

No comments:

Post a Comment