Thursday 23 December 2021

December 23, 1991: We took a walk and got lost while waiting for our bus in Montreal but made it back on time


Thirty years ago today

            On Monday I was up fairly early and I was ready to go by 11:00. Nancy had said she wanted to make the noon bus. I was there before her and got in line for the tickets. She showed up just before I got to the front and so I gave her my money and then took the baby in the carriage and went to stand in line for the bus. When it came Nancy still hadn't gotten there and so I asked the driver if we could get on and take a seat while waiting for the tickets. The aisle was too narrow for the stroller and so I had to struggle with taking my daughter out and holding her in one arm while collapsing the carriage with the other. A middle aged maternal woman offered to hold the baby while I got that done and found a seat. There were two sisters occupying the back seat and I arranged for them to have another seat together so we could take the back. When I returned to get my daughter Nancy was boarding the bus. 
            We stopped outside of Kingston for lunch and then arrived in Montreal at around 18:30. We didn't have to catch the next bus until 22:30 and so we walked up St Lawrence until Nancy got cranky. We crossed Prince Arthur to St Denis and got temporarily lost but found our way back to the bus terminal.

No comments:

Post a Comment