Friday 3 December 2021

December 3, 1991: I finally got a call from Canada Post asking me to sort Christmas mail at midnight


Thirty years ago today

            On Tuesday I finally got a call from the post office asking me to work sorting mail that night at midnight. Then I got a call from Wayne telling me to be at River and Dundas at 6:45 on Wednesday. When it rains it pours.
            I worked on projects, collage, and cleaning my place.
            It looked like there was a good chance of making it to New Brunswick that Christmas and I'd be able to pay Nancy's fare. She'd been concerned about taking the baby on the bus but it was only a twelve-hour trip so I didn't see what the big deal was. I thought that I'd better call my dad before we went in case he was going to be somewhere else when we arrived. I didn't reach Nancy to talk about it. 
            I left for work at 23:15.

No comments:

Post a Comment