Sunday 19 December 2021

Elizabeth Fraser


            On Saturday morning I had food poisoning again. It's never extreme when I get it. It's always just a headache that lasts a few hours and it's fun the first few times it happens but it gets tiresome after a while. I'm going to throw out the last third of the roast pork. I think that from now on when I cook meat, especially large amounts like that roast, I'm going to cut it up and freeze it in individual bags and just take one out to cook for each meal. 
            I memorized the ninth verse of “Arthur, où t'as mis le corps?” (Arthur, Where'd You Put The Corpse?”. I have two verses left to learn. 
            I finished posting my translation of “Bambou” by Serge Gainsbourg. Tomorrow I'll start learning his “Poupée Poupée” (Dolly Dolly). 
            I weighed 86.7 kilos before breakfast. 
            In the late morning and past midday I worked on tagging and tying the bags of candy to send to my daughter. I ran out of the purple metallic rope for tying the bags and so I went over to the Dollarama again. They only had one spool left but I needed two and so I got a spool of non-metallic purple rope that was still pretty shiny and bright. 
            Dollarama is now trying to switch almost entirely to automated tellers. At first, I found it annoying because I like dealing with people but the machines even take coins and they are a lot more polite and friendly than living Dollarama cashiers. 
            I chose a bigger box to send than usual because I had to fit in a bag of potato chips but still left me a lot more space. I decided to fill it up with all my daughter's Lego that she left behind when she moved out years ago. I think she mentioned once that she might take that stuff one of these days. I took the parcel to the post office at around 13:15 and sent it by express to Montreal. It should get there by the end of the business day of Tuesday. 
            Then I headed down to No Frills where I bought a couple of bags of Clementines, two half-pints of blueberries, two half-pints of raspberries, a strawberry-rhubarb pie, a pack of sirloin tips, three bags of milk, some five-year-old cheddar, Sunlight dish liquid, marinara sauce, hot salsa, kettle chips, skyr, two pomegranates, and a pack of freezer bags. 
            I weighed 86.9 kilos before a late lunch at 14:30. I had a toasted Montreal-style bagel with five-year-old cheddar. 
            I took a late siesta. 
            I think my days will be back to normal starting on Sunday and I can start cleaning my kitchen again. 
            I updated my 4K downloader and tried to download the clip of the razor scene from "Un Chien Andalou" but it failed. I tried another clip and it worked and I imported it to the end of the timeline for my Movie Maker project of making a video for my song “Instructions For Electroshock Therapy.” But it turned out the clip didn't have the razor scene. I'll just download the whole movie tomorrow. It's only 17 minutes long and then I'll edit out everything but the razor scene. I don't even need the gruesome part of the eye being cut. Just the sharpening of the razor and it being held in front of the person's face. 
            I returned to my poem series “My Blood In A Bug” and reworked some of the first poem. 
            I found out that the latest season of "Doctor Who" has already come and gone although there'll be a special on January 1. I'll download the new season soon. "Star Trek Discovery" looks like it's halfway through and "Star Trek Picard" will start in February. It looks like I can download good quality "Black Widow," "Shang Chi" and "Suicide Squad" movies but "The Eternals" so far seems to be just available in camera captured copies. I don't want to download Marvel TV shows unless they are absolutely essential to understanding the movies. Some say that to make sense of the upcoming Dr. Strange sequel one has to watch "Wanda Vision" and "Loki," so we'll see. 
            I made pizza on naan with Sorrentese sauce, french fries, and extra old cheddar. I had it with a beer while watching two episodes of The Addams Family.
            In the first story Fester learns that his pen pal Madelyn is coming to visit but that Fester has fibbed about having hair and being an athlete. Morticia and Gomez get a toupée for Fester. Madelyn seems impressed with Fester but Gomez checks up on her and finds she's had five husbands who all committed suicide. Fester and Madelyn decide within minutes of meeting to elope. But then Madelyn learns that Fester's favourite dish is eye of newt and then when she sees him come down the stairs on a motorcycle and his wig flies off, she leaves. 
            Madelyn was played by Elizabeth Fraser, who played Sgt Joan Hogan on “Sergeant Bilko.” She co-starred in “The Man Who Came To Dinner” and “A Patch of Blue.” She was a regular on the short-lived TV version of the radio series “Fibber McGee and Molly.” She played Frances Warner on “McKeever and the Colonel.” She played Mildred Hogan on “One Happy Family.” She wrote a book entitled Once Upon A Dime about a mother with three kids trying to make it as an actor in Hollywood. 
            In the second story Cousin Itt needs a career. Morticia and Gomez both think he'd be a perfect marriage counselor. They have him practice on them but they suddenly start arguing for the first time and Gomez has to sleep downstairs. The rift isn't healed until Morticia speaks French and Gomez goes wild kissing her. They decide to hire a vocational counselor. After several aptitude tests, one of which is a Rorschach test in which there are “right” answers, the vocational counselor concludes that Itt is a genius and that he should become a marriage counselor. Morticia and Gomez throw the vocational counselor out.

No comments:

Post a Comment