Thursday 30 December 2021

David Ajala


            On Wednesday morning I published my English adaptation of “Poupée Poupée” (Dolly Dolly) by Serge Gainsbourg on Christian's Translations. Tomorrow I'll post it on Facebook and then start learning his “Chasseur d'ivoire” (Ivory Hunter). 
            I weighed 87.2 kilos before breakfast.
            Around midday I spent another hour washing containers from my kitchen shelves above the sink. I have about fifteen more to clean and then I'll start washing the middle shelf.
            I weighed 87.3 kilos before lunch. I had Breton crackers with five year old cheddar and raspberry lemonade. 
            I took a bike ride in the evening and on my way up Brock Avenue I found a very rusted cast iron crockpot that someone had thrown out. It's almost twice as big as the one my daughter gave me but I don't really need another one. However, it seemed a shame to just leave it there since I know it can be restored from my experience of fixing and seasoning the very rusted cast iron frying pan that I found several years ago and still use. I rode to Bloor and Queen's Park, went south to College, west to Brock and then south to Queen. I weighed 87.5 kilos when I got home. 
            I was caught up on my journal at 18:30. 
            In the Movie Maker project of the video I'm making for my song “Instructions For Electroshock Therapy” I synchronized the concert video of me singing “shock therapy” with the studio audio after I sing “under fluorescent glow”. Then I added another clip of fluorescent lights to match when I'm singing “you know their flesh looks so cold under ...” At the point where I sing “that canopy” Brian Haddon sings “shock therapy” and so I dragged the concert video from the 360 Club to the end of the timeline and made another clip of Brian singing the phrase. I'll insert it into the video tomorrow and then experiment with visual effects to alter the clip. Since there are only two close up clips of Brian singing that line I want to change it visually each time so it doesn't look the same. I might try fading in from white to see if that looks like he's affected by the fluorescent lights. We'll see how it looks tomorrow.
            I worked on my poem series “My Blood In A Bug.” 
            I made three strips of bacon, an egg sunny side up and a slice of toasted Bavarian sandwich bread. I had them with a beer while watching episode two of season four of Star Trek Discovery. 
            In this story, Book is grief-stricken over the loss of his planet and family. Saru returns to Discovery and offers to be Burnham's Number One, which she gratefully accepts. Discovery goes to the edge of the anomaly to try to study it and find out its nature so they can better stop it from causing any more devastation or learn how to evade it. It seems in some ways to be half a binary black hole. They can't send a probe because the distortion would prevent communication with it. Book offers to take his ship in and then insists on it. Burnham is reluctant because he is too emotional right now. She has Stamitz accompany him through a hologram. It's a dangerous mission and Book almost loses it because he keeps seeing his young nephew that the anomaly killed. Burnham talks with him and guides him through riding the waves of the anomaly back out. But afterward the anomaly suddenly changes direction contrary to logic and so the data they've gathered may be useless. 
            Meanwhile, an android body has been constructed for Gray based on 800-year-old technology developed by Sung, who made Picard's new body centuries before. 
            Book is played by David Ajala, who performed with the Royal Shakespeare Company in Stratford, England. He played Manchester Black in “Supergirl” and Captain Roy Eris in “Nightflyers.” His first film role was in “Kidulthood” and he reprised his part in the sequels “Adulthood” and “Brotherhood.” He co-starred in “Black Box,” “Beowulf: Return to the Shieldlands,” and “Falling Water.” 



            I have no problem with Mary Wiseman's body type but since her character Tilly's weight changed drastically in the seconds that are supposed to have passed between the end of season 2 and season 3 there should have been some kind of explanation written into the story. Ignoring it makes no sense at all. Even if they were to say that traveling through time caused it and offered a pseudo-scientific reason I'd be okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment