Sunday 26 December 2021

December 26, 1881: We gave the baby a bath in my dad's kitchen sink


Thirty years ago today

            On Thursday I made pancakes for breakfast and we gave the baby a bath in my father's kitchen sink. We were taking pictures of her and I said something to Nancy about working the camera which caused her to start crying and go to the bedroom. 
            A little later my sister Sibyl and her family arrived. Her kids Nicholas and Aaron played with my daughter and they enjoyed each other. After half an hour Nancy finally emerged from the bedroom and we all exchanged presents. Sibyl gave me a pair of gloves. The boys seemed to like what we gave them. Sibyl had turned her Christmas dinner leftovers into a delicious casserole which she heated up for us all. 
            At around 20:30 Sibyl and Ken drove us to catch our bus in Grand Falls. We had to wait an hour in Edmundston for another bus then we made a quick transfer in Riviere du Loup.

No comments:

Post a Comment