Sunday 19 December 2021

December 19, 1991: I was half an hour late to get picked up for work so I called the dispatcher who said “We aren't running a taxi service.” I told him he was out of line


Thirty years ago today

            On Thursday I worked again until 8:00 at the main postal station on Eastern Avenue and then I headed up to the Danforth. I wanted a coffee and so I walked from Greenwood to Coxwell to pick one up and then I took the subway to Victoria Park and caught the northbound bus. But the bus turned west just south of Sheppard and then went roundabout before it came back to Sheppard and Victoria Park where I had to get off and take another bus to get to Finch. I was half an hour late to get picked up by Randy and I didn't see him so I called the shop. Wayne wasn't there so I talked to Patrick who said he'd instructed Randy to just head for the job site. Then he told me, “We aren't running a taxi service.” I told him he was out of line. He said for me to call him back in fifteen minutes so I headed for Yonge Street and phoned him when I got there. He said he'd sent Peter to the job instead of me. I was pissed off. 
            I called Nancy and she said for me to wait where I was for her. I went for coffee down at Sheppard. Over the next four hours I waited for her and rode the subway up to Finch to get another coffee and then back down. When she finally got there we went shopping. She insisted on getting presents for my relatives before we went Down East and she wanted me to owe her half the money. It was blackmail. We went to Eaton's Centre where I followed her around with the baby, then to Hazelton Lanes. From there we caught the Bay bus south to the bus terminal where we checked out the fares to New Brunswick.

No comments:

Post a Comment