Wednesday 8 December 2021

December 8, 1991: When Nancy handed me the baby after keeping me waiting all day I said, “I hate your fucking guts you bitch!”


Thirty years ago today

            On Sunday I got up at around 11:00 but Nancy hadn't brought my daughter yet, even though she'd promised to come early. I had breakfast, watched TV, worked on some projects, worked on a collage, shaved, showered, and waited. Nancy kept calling to say she'd be there in a while. She finally showed up at around 16:00 and I was really pissed off. She'd made shopping a priority over her daughter seeing her father for the first time in twelve days. As Nancy passed me the baby I told her, “I hate your fucking guts you bitch!” I complained all through the visit but at least she stayed until around 23:00. I accompanied them up to Warden Station to see my daughter off. After they'd boarded the bus I called Canada Post but was told there was no work that night and so I just went home to bask in the afterglow of being with my baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment