Monday 27 December 2021

December 27, 1991: I caught a loud East Coast woman on the bus trying to give my baby a cookie


Thirty years ago today 

            When we got to Montreal on Friday morning Nancy and I had planned on spending the day there, but we got into some kind of a fight over how to dress the baby and so Nancy decided to leave for Toronto on the 10:30 bus. 
            After we'd stopped outside of Kingston for lunch there were some loud East Coast women in the seat behind us. One of them wanted to hold the baby and so we let her. But after a while I caught her feeding my daughter a cookie without asking permission. I gently explained to her why that was a problem. 
            We got to Toronto at around 14:30 and Nancy wanted to check out the Boxing Week sales. I had never seen so many people at the Eaton's Centre. We walked up Yonge Street and then back down to have dinner at Lime Rickey's.

No comments:

Post a Comment