Wednesday 29 December 2021

Chelah Horsdal


            On Tuesday morning I finished working out the chords for “Poupée Poupée” (Dolly Dolly) by Serge Gainsbourg. I ran through the song in English and French and then uploaded it to Christian's Translations. I'll probably have it published on the blog tomorrow. 
            I weighed 87.8 kilos before breakfast. 
            Around midday I spent about an hour washing glassware, jars and other containers that I'd taken down from the top shelf above the kitchen sink. I think that from now on I will use that top shelf only for containers and glassware and I'll keep most of the food on the second shelf and some on the first. 
            I weighed 86.8 kilos before lunch. 
            In the afternoon I took a bike ride to Bloor and St George. I weighed 87 kilos when I got home.
            I didn't get caught up on my journal until a little after 19:00.
            I edited some more footage of the fluorescent lights. I inserted the first clip into the video I'm making for my song “Instructions For Electroshock Therapy” at the point where I sing “Under fluorescent glow.” Then I cut out some of the concert video to try to synchronize it with the studio audio when I sing “shock therapy” again. I had to undo several cuts because I saw that I'd accidentally split the studio audio when I split the video. I'll try to get them lined up tomorrow and then I might add more fluorescent lights after I sing “shock therapy” and then maybe add another clip of Brian Haddon singing “shock therapy” in response.
            I tried to work on my poem series “My Blood In A Bug” but my brain was exhausted. 
            I searched to see if a scratched non-stick pan needs to be thrown out. The internet seems to be divided. Some say it's safe if it's a non stick pan made since 2015, which mine is. The greatest danger would come from using very high temperatures which I don't think I do. 
            I had a potato with gravy and a chicken breast while watching the first episode of the fourth season of Star Trek Discovery. 
            The story begins with Burnham and Book on a goodwill mission, offering dilithium to a species of people on a planet long distanced from and not trusting the Federation. The people misunderstand when they detect a carnivore on Book's ship, which is his cat Grudge. When Burnham says Grudge is a queen the people decide a monarch is being held prisoner and they want to rescue her. They have glowing butterfly wings and begin flying, chasing and shooting at Burnham and Book. While escaping, Burnham gets the Discovery to repair the people's satellites which have been down for centuries. After that the butterfly people stop attacking and are grateful. 
            Later the Federation celebrates its official restart as the Archer space station is launched, named after Captain Archer from Star Trek Enterprise. There is a distress call from Nalas on Deep Space Six which has been hit by something. They have lost life support except on the bridge. Discovery goes to the rescue but the Federation president Laira Rillak insists on coming along. Tilly and Ensign Adira go to help repair the station with programmable matter but they are hit with a frozen methane shower and are in danger. They can't beam out because of interference. The station escape ship can't separate. Burnham goes in a shuttle and frees the ship but the ship crashes in the Discovery shuttle bay and Nalas dies. Burnham gets a lecture from the president about how her obsession with bringing everybody back puts everyone in danger. Back on Kweijan. Book's ship is hit by birds . Everything around the planet becomes warped and he escapes to Discovery. But when Discovery checks on Kweijan the planet is no longer there. They find it much further away and it's been gutted of life. 
            President Rillak is played by Chelah Horsdal, who started acting in her late 20s. She played Helen Smith in the series The Man In The High Castle. She co-stars in the series Hell On Wheels, She has her own film production company called Phoebe Films and is working on a documentary about her father, the Canadian folk singer Valdy. She is also a painter and photographer.






No comments:

Post a Comment