Saturday 25 December 2021

December 25, 1991: My daughter crawled a third of a metre on Christmas Day


Thirty years ago today

            On Christmas Day we didn't go down to my sister Sibyl's place for dinner because my dad's health issues wouldn't let him drive. She would be coming up to New Denmark on Boxing Day with leftovers. Instead we went up to Aunt Pearl's for Christmas dinner. Aunt Helen and Uncle Peter were there as well and it was an okay event and better than nothing but Pearl was not as good a cook as Sibyl. I found out later that Helen and Peter's son, my cousin Dale had been beaten to death a few years ago in a bar fight out west. We left shortly after my father did. The baby crawled about a third of a metre. My brother Allison called to ask Dad if I'd mentioned giving him my kidney. We watch TV to pass the time. My father complained about the water being wasted but he also enjoyed playing with his granddaughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment