Tuesday 14 December 2021

Tommy Farrell


            On Monday morning I worked out the chords to the first two verses and part of the chorus of “Bambou” by Serge Gainsbourg. 
            I weighed 88.1 kilos before breakfast. 
            I called the Parkdale Community Health Centre to find out if the dental office had managed to get me an appointment for January 7. They hadn't but I was assured I'll be able to come in sometime in January.
            My US Lit exam is on Wednesday but I didn't know where and wasn't sure of the time. I found out it's from 19:00 to 21:00 at 55 St George. I was surprised about the time because I thought for sure it had been mentioned a couple of times that it would be from 9:00 to 11:00. It doesn't matter as long as it's all over this week. 
            I called Top Cuts and made an appointment for a haircut at 13:30 on Friday. That frees up Thursday for making my annual pre-Christmas visit to St Lawrence Market. I've been holding off on doing my laundry because of the exam and since I don't want to do it on the weekend I'll keep hand washing underwear until Monday when the laundrymat will be less crowded. 
            I weighed 87.4 kilos before lunch. 
            I took a bike ride to Bloor and Dovercourt in the afternoon. I weighed 86.9 kilos when I got home.
            I read most of my US Lit lecture notes and added a few thoughts as I went along. 
            I coated a pork loin rib half with olive oil, chopped garlic, salt, pepper and mustard and roasted it. I had the end pieces with a potato and gravy while watching an episode of The Addams Family. 
            In this story Thing and the rest of the family have been at odds lately. After the conflicts come to a head Thing disappears. Gomez puts on a Deerstalker hat like Sherlock Holmes and begins to investigate. But Wednesday refuses to talk without a lawyer and Pugsley claims the Fifth Amendment. Gomez doesn't know what the Fifth Amendment is because he was absent that day in law school. They call the police but since Gomez and Morticia can't decide whether or not Thing is a person, missing persons won't help. They get a ransom note and then they call Sam Diamond the detective. Sam goes to the graveyard to pay the ransom but comes back in shock to report that a hand took the money. Morticia and Gomez realize Thing staged his own kidnapping because he felt underappreciated. 
            Sam Diamond was played by Tommy Farrell who was the son of blonde bombshell Glenda Farrell who had him when she was seventeen. He costarred on the short lived sitcom “This Is Alice” and he played Carpenter on The Adventures of Rin Tin Tin. He played Riff Ryan the Beatnik record store owner and the mentor of Maynard G Krebs on The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis.

No comments:

Post a Comment