Tuesday 28 December 2021

December 28, 1991: Nancy's lawyer argued I shouldn't have joint custody because Nancy was more concerned with the baby's needs


Thirty years ago today 

            On Saturday morning I had a good sleep after my trip back from New Brunswick. 
            I had about $3 in change and so I went out later and spent it on a lottery ticket and some cream. 
            I worked on getting my place back in order. I fed my plant, I got back into projects and collage. I watched TV. 
            There was a letter from Unemployment Insurance claiming that I'd filled out my cards wrong. They said I'd neglected to write down what I'd made but I did that because I hadn't been paid yet. That would cause a big delay. 
            I got another letter from my lawyer containing a copy of a letter from Nancy's lawyer arguing why I couldn't have joint custody of my daughter. She said that Nancy's concerns were with the baby's needs and not adult desires. What bullshit!

No comments:

Post a Comment