Thursday 9 December 2021

Landing On The Planet Beer


            On Wednesday morning I didn't sleep much after going to bed at 0:45. I was so wide awake that I got up at 1:15 to download the second season of The Addams Family. I also looked at what TV show from the 60s I might watch after the Addams Family. I might check out the first season of Adam 12 but I doubt if I'll want to watch all the seasons of a cop show.
            I went back to bed but didn't start sleeping in little patches until after 3:30. I was awake a few minutes before the alarm went off but I was out when it crowed and the last thing I remembered of a dream I was having was my own voice singing in my head, “Now I have everything.” 
            I memorized the third verse of “Bambou” by Serge Gainsbourg and continued to adjust my translation. 
            I weighed 87.8 kilos before breakfast.
            I logged on for the last Shakespeare lecture. He talked about how several of the main characters seem to die more than once and until the end one never knows if they will pop back up and say something. The one character one expects to die, Iago doesn't die at all. There was also an interpretation of Othello having said that his big mistake was loving too well. Most people would say he means Desdemona but his behaviour puts that into question. It's possible that he means Iago in that he loved him and trusted him too well. 
            It seems only recently that I did my laundry but I was already out of underwear. I don't want to do my laundry until after my US Lit exam next week and so I hand washed three pairs.
            I weighed 87.8 kilos before lunch. I had Breton crackers with five-year-old cheese and a glass of limeade. 
            I took a siesta and got caught up on the sleep I'd missed earlier but I was surprised that I didn't conk out right away. 
            I took a bike ride to Bloor and Dovercourt. My knee hadn't bothered me much during the day but it was a bit uncomfortable after the ride. 
            I went out to the liquor store to get a six-pack of Creemore. I noticed that above the cold room in English it says “Beer World” and in French “Planete Biere.” I felt like an astronaut coming back from a multi-planet exploration when I walked out. 
            I weighed 87.4 kilos when I got back home. 
            I edited most of my typed notes for the November 29 Shakespeare lecture. I spent two hours and I still wasn't quite done at dinner time. 
            I made pizza on a slice of Bavarian sandwich bread with Arabbiatta sauce and extra old cheddar. I had it with a beer while watching an episode of The Addam's Family. 
            In this story, the family is looking forward to their outing of exploring caves. But Fester suddenly starts feeling run down and since his body generates the electricity for lighting their way the outing might be off unless they can find a solution. They try moon bathing but Fester just gets a moon burn. They call the family witch doctor in Africa but business is so good there that he's stopped making house calls. Finally, they have no choice but to call a regular doctor. He comes and finds Fester to be a very odd patient. His heart makes strange noises and he has the pulse of a corpse. When he takes his temperature the thermometer freezes. He tries another thermometer and this time Fester eats it. The mercury seems to have done the trick because Fester is suddenly full of energy again and the outing is saved. I got very sleepy and went to bed more than an hour early.

No comments:

Post a Comment