Saturday 18 December 2021

Natalie Parks Masters


            On Friday morning I sang and played my translation of “Bambou” by Serge Gainsbourg, made some adjustments in the translation and then uploaded it to Christian's Translations. I started the editing process to prepare it for blog publication and I should have it done on Saturday. 
            I weighed 87.6 kilos before breakfast. 
            I shaved and showered and had time before leaving for my haircut to walk over to Vina Pharmacy to buy a packing box from the post office. I decided to wear the purple hoody that I bought at the Gap a few years ago. It was a little small when I got it but I've lost weight and it fits better now. I made my way up to St Clair and Yonge and took it easy so as not to overwork my knee on the hills, but it only took forty-five minutes to get there anyway. 
            Top Cuts was busy and my hairdresser Amy explained that there's always lots of business before Christmas because people are expecting to be photographed and want to look their best. She got called away to the phone by calls from customers twice for a few minutes each time during my haircut. I think she's a very popular stylist. 
            Amy told me she always has a Christmas tree in her home despite the fact that she and her family are Buddhist. She does it for the kids and because it looks nice. She said in Thailand they don't celebrate Christmas but the malls always have a big Christmas tree and Christmas decorations. 
            Both Amy and another hairdresser complimented me on the colour of my hoody. 
            On my way home I stopped at several places because I was looking for bag ties that are also labels. Neither the hardware store nor the paper store in Rosedale had them. I went to the Annex and the hardware store employee there told me right at the door they don't have them. At the Annex Dollarama they had a bag of forty round label tags so I took those and started looking for twist ties to fit through the holes but they didn't have them there. A hardware store in Korea town didn't have them either. I rode along Bloor to Brock and south to Queen. I stopped at Home Hardware and they didn't have them there either. I walked over to the One Stop and still no luck. I took my bike home and walked over to Full Worth but they didn't have them. I went to Dollarama and was surprised that no one sells twist ties. Finally I settled for a spool of purple metallic rope, which is braided and about five times thicker than thread. It's shiny and decorative and I think it will work with the labels for tying and labelling the bags of candy for my daughter in an aesthetically pleasing way. 
            I weighed 86.3 kilos when I got home at 16:00. 
            I had a late lunch and then took a late siesta. I got up at 18:30. 
            I started tying and tagging the bags of candy and the metallic rope looks nice.
            I had a potato with gravy and a slice of roast pork while watching two episodes of The Addams Family. 
            In the first story, the Addamses are collecting items around the house to donate to the charity bazaar. They decide to give their most precious items like the whipping table that belonged to Ivan the Terrible. Wednesday is donating her beheaded Mary Queen of Scots doll. But Gomez donates Pugsley's wolf's head clock without his permission arguing that childhood trauma builds character. They want to give Fester's suit of armour but he puts it on so that they carry him away when the movers come to pick up the items. They also take away Thing in one of his boxes. Pugsley however is so upset about his clock that he climbs up into the chimney and refuses to come down. Morticia and Gomez each go to the auction without the other knowing and begin bidding against one another for Pugsley's clock. However one collector is intrigued by the bidding war and decides the item must be valuable and so he outbids both of them. Later however the man pays Lurch $5 to take it back. 
            Mrs. Atherton, the director of the bazaar was played by Maida Severn. 
            In the second story, Gomez's former insurance broker Mr. Henson is now the city commissioner. He has a plan to get rid of the Addams house by building a highway right through where it stands. Gomez checks his legal books and finds they can't fight it. So they decide to move their house to a new location. Gomez buys the lot next door to Mr Henson. When Henson finds that out he reverses the order when the Addams house is halfway to the new location. They move it back and everything returns to normal. 
            Henson was played by Parley Baer who was the voice of Ernie Keebler, of the Keebler cookie elves. He played Chester on the Gunsmoke radio series. He started out as a circus ringmaster and owner and that’s where he met his wife Ernestine Clark who was a bareback rider. They were together for 54 years. Her father was the first trapeze artist to do a triple somersault. He said radio was a perfect actor’s medium because if you play to five million listeners you are giving five million performances. 
            Mrs Henson was played by Natalie Masters, who starred as the private investigator in the radio detective series Candy Matson. It was the most popular radio series in San Francisco during its two year run but never got a sponsor to keep it going. On the last episode after Candy's plane went down in a lake the switchboards lit up with over 800 calls. She played Wilma Clemson in the TV series Date With The Angels.






No comments:

Post a Comment