Monday 13 December 2021

The Persistence of Amnesia


            On Sunday morning I memorized the eighth verse of “Arthur, où t'as mis le corps?” (Arthur, Where'd You Put The Corpse?”. I have three verses left to learn. I had thought I had three verses to go when I memorized the seventh verse but I realized this morning that I'd put two verses into one stanza. 
            I worked out the chords to the first few lines of “Bambou” by Serge Gainsbourg. 
            I weighed 88.2 kilos before breakfast. I went through the first half of my US Lit lecture notes and the accompanying slides to make sure I had all the relevant information from the slides. I saw that I'd missed some of it so I inserted the info where it was needed. I also started adding numbered dates to the beginnings of the file names in my US Lit folder so everything could be more easily accessed. 
            I weighed 87.3 kilos before lunch. I had Breton crackers with five year old cheddar and a glass of limeade. 
            I took a bike ride to Bloor and Dovercourt. I weighed 87.4 kilos when I got back. My left knee always feels a little uncomfortable after a ride these days but it seems to ease off after a few hours. 
            I finished coordinating my US Lit lecture notes with all the slides and dating all the files properly in the US Lit folder. I read a little over a quarter of my lecture notes before dinner. 
            I made pizza on naan with Sorrentese sauce, a broken up salmon fillet, and extra old cheddar. I had it with a beer while watching an episode of The Addams Family. 
            In this story Gomez takes out an insurance policy on himself for $1 million with Morticia as the beneficiary. But then while exercising with some Indian clubs he knocks himself unconscious. When he comes to he not only has amnesia but he also has in many ways the opposite personality to Gomez Addams. He thinks Morticia looks horrible in black, he is frightened by Lurch and Fester, and wants to destroy Cleopatra the meat eating plant. Essentially he suddenly has the same reaction to his own house and family that ordinary visitors often have. It is decided that Gomez needs another conk on the head. Morticia can't bring herself to do it and so Fester hits him. That brings Gomez back to normal but Lurch doesn't realize this and he hits Gomez on the head. This makes him opposite again. Then Mama hits him and makes him normal but Puglsey doesn't know that and he hits his father, reversing the cure. Finally Morticia decides to do it but accidentally hits Fester. When Gomez sees this he thinks Morticia is out to kill him for the insurance and he starts running headlong into a suit of armour. This finally cures him but in the end Fester has lost his memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment