Saturday 11 December 2021

Felix Silla


            On Friday morning after yoga, I finished expanding my last set of Shakespeare lecture notes from shorthand. Then I edited the notes from the lecture that I'd missed on November 3 and which I'd copied from the course chat page. I needed to fix those because the beginning of every line had the time that it was written. The student had made pretty good notes but misunderstood certain words. 
            I did a shortened song practice at 7:00 and then started putting all my lecture notes in one document by themselves. 
            I weighed 87.3 kilos before breakfast at 8:30. 
            At noon I laid down for a siesta but I couldn't sleep. I rested for an hour and then I had an early lunch before starting to write my Shakespeare test. 
           The professor said that it shouldn't take longer than four hours but I worked from 13:30 until 21:00. I had dinner of a potato with gravy and a salmon fillet while finishing it. I uploaded the test at 21:15. 
            I had canned peaches with yogourt and coffee while watching an episode of The Addams Family. 
            In this story Cousin Itt makes his first appearance. He is entirely covered in hair and I think they made his voice by playing a recording backward of someone speaking and then speeding it up. Mr. Fiske from the Parks Commission comes to ask for donations to the zoo and Gomez writes him a cheque for $150,000. Cousin Itt is a talented magician and he also has a way with animals because vampire bats and rattlesnakes follow him around. Gomez gets the idea that Itt would make a great curator for the zoo and so he calls Fiske. But when Fiske sees Itt he thinks he's an animal and has the zookeepers come and take him away in chains. Uncle Fester says he went to the zoo to see Itt but so many people were there to see him that he couldn't get close. He said Itt had a big fancy office with metal bars in front. But Itt gets out and there is an all-points bulletin and officials are searching the city for him. When Itt comes back to the Addams house they learn that they'd had him in a cage. At first, they are outraged but then Itt says he liked it and just got out to get some of his stuff. 
            The voice was done by someone else but the physical Itt was played by Felix Silla and he is the only actor from the original TV series who reprised his role in the movies. When he first came to the United States from Italy at 16 he couldn't speak English. He joined the circus and became a clown, a trapeze artist, a tumbler, and a bareback rider. In Hollywood, he became a stuntman. He played a miniature dictator in the movie Black Bird. He played the robot Twiki on Buck Rogers in the 25th Century. When he first showed up to audition for the role of Itt he was hired without knowing anything about the character such as what he looked like. He played clubs in Reno and Las Vegas in a musical combo called The Original Harmonica Band. He died earlier this year.




No comments:

Post a Comment