Saturday 18 December 2021

December 18, 1991: Nancy was blackmailing me into buying gifts for everyone in New Brunswick. It was enough of a gift to spend $430 to get down there


Thirty years ago today

            On Wednesday I worked at Canada Post until 8:00 and then headed through the blistering cold up to Eglinton and Leslie. We did an office move and I was very tired from lack of sleep all day. It was already fairly late when we were done and I got a ride to the subway with Randy. I would have to work the midnight shift again at Canada Post in a few hours and afterward meet Randy again on Thursday morning. I went home and just tried to relax for a while, watched TV, and had a bite to eat. 
            Nancy was mad because we couldn't get any shopping done with me working all the time. We would have to leave for New Brunswick on Monday. She was going to make up the difference in the fare if I didn't have it all but was blackmailing me into buying all these presents for everyone down there. I thought it was enough of a gift for me to pay $430 to get us there.

No comments:

Post a Comment